Are you looking for poutine râpée in Greater Moncton? Look no further! Here are a few places you may want to check out:
- Sobeys stores in Greater Moncton sell poutines from Caissie Poutine Râpée on the weekends. They’re available in the deli section.
- If you’re in the Cocagne area, you can also buy directly from Caissie Poutine Râpée.
- The Dieppe Co-Op sells poutines from Poutines à Léa on the weekends. Go early! They often run out.
- Poutines from Caissie’s are available at the Mets Acadiens kiosk at the Dieppe Market every Saturday.
- From time to time, poutines are also available from vendors at the Moncton Market.
- Restaurant L’Idylle in Dieppe sells a gourmet poutine that’s inspired by our Acadian poutine — it’s crunchy and filled with lamb confit instead gooey and filled with salt pork! Click here to read more.
- La Poutine à Maman is a new restaurant in DIeppe that sells poutine râpée daily. It’s located at 504 Champlain Street.
- La Poutine à Léa is a popular restaurant (that also supplies the Dieppe Co-Op – see above) located in Bouctouche at 88 Irving Blvd.
- There’s also Saint-Antoine Poutine Râpée located at 4584 Principale Street in Saint-Antoine. (Click here for their Facebook group.)
And finally… did you know there’s an Official Acadian Poutine Râpée Facebook Group with more than 1,000 members? Yup! There is! I founded the group a few years ago and there’s always lots of discussion going on with local Acadians and our cousins from New England and elsewhere in Canada and the U.S.
Did I miss any? Let me know! And… which one is your favourite? Do any of the store-made or restaurant-made poutines hold a candle to your own? Click on the “comments” link above.